Abraham-Hicks Daily Quotes

Friday, November 11, 2016

Do I have a choice?


In recent past few days, I have witnessed mass hysteria and mass euphoria in my country, India. Our Prime Minister announced a very tumultuos decision of  abolishing Rs 500 Rs 1000 notes all of a sudden, this caught all by surprise. All those people who have some undeclared income in form of hard cash are furious with the government. Whereas there is a large section of the public who are hailing this decision of the government as historic and notwithstanding some troubles a common man will face for a few weeks, this section of the population is pleased with the announcement for some reason.

Similarly, the same day this announcement was made in India on evening of 8th November, United States was voting for the Next President. When the results for 45th Presidential elections were announced on 9th November in the United States, there has been a big fury of anger and resentment in some section of the population in USA who view the President Elect Mr Donald Trump as not worthy of President's Office.

Throughout the three days I have witnessed heated debates in India between people who support the demonetisation move on one hand and those who oppose the move on other hand. I am seeing a similar feeling of anger, and resentment prevailing in USA citizens.

I have been pondering whether a common man like myself has any choice in this matter? I am a citizen of India, my life is going to be affected by the government's announcement to a large extent.In the short run, there will be many adjustments and compromised that I will have to make. In the long run, may be there will be some beneficial effects also of the governments move. But the central question that has been going on in my mind is whether I have any choice in this matter ?

Yes, I have a choice in above situation or for that matter in any other situation.  And I believe that I do have a choice. The situation is offering me new opportunities to look again at my life and to find out exactly what are the choices. After some contemplation I find that contrary to popular belief,the situation is providing me with  MORE choices than I had ever had before. All the big denomination notes will be of no value for at least a couple of days, also, the money in my bank account is of no use as Banks have long queues and ATMs are out of cash.

I started looking (paying close attention) to my default response to the above situation: My inner dialogue was something like this -  I am finished, I am devastated, I am less if i do have cash in my purse. I realised that this is not my reality. The default dialogue kept repeating to me that something relly big and bad has happened. I could see that all my life I put lot of value, in fact more and exaggerated value to Money. And I found that my happiness does not depend on MONEY alone.
In found that It (the defualt dialogue) is NOT my choice. My life goes on whether I have money in the wallet or not. I realised the futile, endless chatter of my mind which was not appropriate with my conscious choices. I choose to give more of myself to the life. I choose to welcome LIFE without any conditions. I choose to enjoy whatever Life is presenting in this moment.




No comments:

Post a Comment