Abraham-Hicks Daily Quotes

Saturday, December 3, 2016

KNOW YOUR MIND


I have enjoyed reading books, mostly in non-fiction category since the age of 15. There were times when I needed a book for reading before going to sleep, everyday. Because the thirst for more knowledge was insatiable, there was some deep sense of emptiness that I knew needed to be filled. And there was also a sense of knowing that any outer fulfillment is not going to satisfy the feeling of emptiness.
For many years, I kept searching for more books. At times I could find new books and at times there were none that could satisfy my hunger for reading.
But I came across some books and my search for more books stopped. I came across some books that just blew my mind apart. I had to read them again and again in order to make sense. The content of the books was so outrageous, so vast and so beyond human understanding that I liked them, even if I could not understand all the points, I felt like reading the book again and again.
Because the book - Communion with God by author Neale Donald Walsch was such a Masterpiece for me; it almost changed my entire view of life.Till date I have read this book at least 10 times and keep reading it little at a time, just to remind myself that Life as I knew before is Only an Illusion.
I will reproduce here a paragraph from the book in order for the reader to taste the truth contained in this book.
"Nothing makes Masters unhappy.
In the early days of your primitive culture, most humans were not in this place of mastery. Their only desire was too limited for them to understand that pain did not have to produce un-happiness, and so their life strategy was built around what later came to be described as The Pleasure Principle. They moved away from what deprived them of pleasure (or caused pain).
Thus, The First illusion, the idea that Need Exists, was born. It was what could be called the first mistake.
Need does not exist. It is a fiction. In reality, you need nothing to be happy. happiness is a state of mind."
Communion with God, Part 1, Chapter 1, Page 31.

No comments:

Post a Comment